Friday 26 February 2016

Urban Decay|Gwen Stefani Palette Review

Hello there my sweets.

Today I wanted to review this gorgeous palette for you. I have read a fair few reviews on this palette and honestly I wasn't sure if I wanted to review it, just because there are so many reviews already.  But I figured, I may as well, it's something I'm really loving so why not share it?  


Anyway, I bought this Gwen Stefani palette by Urban Decay two weeks ago whilst I was in Brisbane and honestly I debated for a long time whether I wanted to purchase it or not.  Purely because of the price.  This palette retails at a whopping $95AUD, so it is very pricey, especially if you are like me and hate spending money when you really don't need to.   However, I figured I didn't have any high end eye shadow palettes and this one was super pretty and all the reviews I had watched and read said it was totally worth it so I went ahead and bought it.  Do I regret it? Hell No! This Palette is absolutely incredible! The pigmentation of the shadows are like nothing I have ever used before, in saying that I have never had a high end palette before. Now I do.  
I was playing around with this palette the other day and thought I would test out the pigmentation, so I dabbed the brush in the shade punk just twice to get a little bit of colour on it.. Turns out that was a bad idea.  I was blending for a good two minutes to try and decrease the amount of product I had on my eyelid.. This is in no way a bad thing though, it purely means this palette is going to last me a very long time and that makes me super happy! 

All the beautiful colours

Left to Right
Pop, Harajuku, Danger, 1986 and Blackout
Left to Right
Blonde, Bathwater, Skimp, Steady and Punk

Left to Right
Baby, Anaheim, Stark, Zone and Serious
As for the shades, there are number of gorgeous natural tones, along with a few bold tones which I love.  I love the options you have to create a real natural look for day time but you can also use the same palette for a real glamour night look.  The ratio between shimmer and matte is also 50/50 and I think that is absolutely perfect.  I'm not going to lie, I'm definitely a shimmer girl however a Matte never goes to waste! I am absolutely in love with the bold pink and blue! I cannot wait to play around with those and throw them into a really bold look.  My favourite three shades in this palette if I were to choose would probably be Steady, Danger and Pop which are all shimmer shades but are so gorgeous! I love the variety that comes with this palette and the quality is 100%.

This look I created using, Stark, Zone, Punk, Blackout and 1986
I created the above look using the Gwen Stefani Palette! If anyone would like a tutorial, let me know in the comment! I had a blast playing around with the different shades, figuring out which shades worked best with my skin tone and eye colour! I can't wait to experiment more with it! Let me know in the comments if there is anymore that you wish to know? I'm going to leave this post there, keep an eye out for Monday's post! I will be reviewing the meal I cooked tonight for dinner in my segment 'What's For Dinner?'.  I hope you all had a fantastic week and are set for an even better weekend! 

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment