Friday 19 February 2016

Sadness Wig Review

Hello there my lovely readers!!
I hope you all are having a fantastic day! 


Today I am going to be reviewing this wonderful wig I bought for cosplaying the beautiful Sadness from Inside Out.  I bought it from wigfashion on ebay for $24.89USD which I though was pretty good pricing considering I have heard nothing but good reviews for wigfashion so far. Originally it was styled for the Fairy Tail Character Juvia Loxar, but a very good friend of mine who definitely knows what she's doing when it comes to cosplay referred it to me and told me it could be styled to suit Sadness.  Obviously I trust her wholeheartedly and went ahead with the purchase! I am definitely not disappointed, I'm absolutely in love with it! The colour is so blue, such a perfect shade for Sadness. It definitely is great quality which to be honest I was quite surprised about.  I have bought a few wigs off Ebay previously, never from Wigfashion though and this is by far better quality than the other wigs I have purchased. 

Before styling
After styling


To be completely honest the wig was not very difficult to style, however I swear I've probably used half a bottle of hairspray, but who doesn't, right?  I started by straightening the entire wig to see the total length and after I had figured out the length I decided to start styling.  As you can see in the before picture, the hair on the right side of the wig didn't really want to sit flat so this is where the hairspray came in handy!  I decided that first I would make sure that the style of the wig was perfect before I started cutting anything!  I started by moving the fringe part further to the left of the wig, then slowly started to trim the fringe so it wouldn't be in my eyes but rather across my forehead!  once I had the fringe how I wanted it I them took scissors to the left and back sides of the wig to make them shorter than the right side to suit the look of sadness! Again, it was really a simple job and when on I think the wig looks awesome, but I can't wait to purchase the glasses to see how it looks together!

Even if you are a beginner to cosplay and styling wigs I would definitely recommend this wig if you are looking for one for Sadness as the quality is amazing and it is super simple to style but also it is cheap and that is one thing you want if you are a beginner, because if you make a mistake you don't want to make a mistake on a wig you paid $50 or more on.  It's just so darn perfect! Definitely one of my favourites right now!

Anyway guys, I hope you enjoyed this post, if you have any questions regarding the wig or the cosplay post them in the comments below! I'd love to answer any! If you have anything at all you would like to say I would love to hear it! Thankyou so much once again for tuning in and I really hope you do enjoy reading my blog as much as I do writing it! Have a wonderful week!

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That wig is so cute! sadness is my favourite :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! I can't wait to get the glasses!! :D xx

      Delete