Monday 25 April 2016

Nars vs Smashbox Foundations

Hey guys!

How are you all? As you have probably figured, I have been going through a funk lately where I haven't really been motivated to write any blogs but now I'm four blogs behind and finally have some motivation! I really do feel like taking a bit of a break from writing was a good idea because I was getting very anxious and stressed and started getting to the point where my blog was annoying me and I never want that. So now I'm sat with a bunch of Zoella videos playing in the background whilst writing a few! 
So today I wanted to do a bit of a different blog that I kind of want to start doing more of and that is a comparison between two beauty products and today I will be comparing two of my high end foundations, Nars and Smashbox. 


So lets get onto the good stuff! Today I'm comparing the Smashbox Studio Skin foundation and the Nars Sheer Glow foundation. Comparing prices; they aren't that different in price at all, both bottles are 30ml and the Smashbox in Mecca Maxima Aus retails for $61AUD whereas I bought the Nars Sheer Glow foundation for $65AUD. So basically the price isn't all that different at all. The shades are the next thing I want to talk about, Smashbox has a total of 12 different shades whereas Nars has 19 different shades and in those I found that even the lightest shade in the Smashbox foundation is still a bit dark for my skin but with a little bit of blending works just fine.  Mont Blanc was the shade that the lady colour matched for me in the Nars foundation and I do feel like it suits my skin tone very well.  I love that there is such a range in both foundations it is such a plus to be able to match so closely.  Next is the coverage.  I feel like both foundations are a light to medium coverage however can be built up to a very well however are definitely not full coverage.  I don't have bad skin however I have a few problem areas around my chin and with both foundations two coats made my skin basically flawless as you can see in the below picture.  You can also see that the shades aren't very different after a bit of blending. One plus that the Smashbox has is the pump that it comes with, I realise you can buy a pump for the Nars however I didn't think to do that when I first bought it.

Right side - Nars         Left Side -  Smashbox

Lastly I want to talk about how they wear. I have fairly oily skin however I don't find that either of these foundations separate very much at all. I work in a greasy, oily kitchen so I have to take that into consideration when I'm testing these out and they wear fairly well however after a 6 hour shift in that said hot kitchen as you would expect both have started to move and separate and that for me is completely understandable.  However I did find that the Smashbox foundation holds better when coming in contact with water, I didn't even think about it when I was testing it out but I did go for a shower and found that the Smashbox barely had any difference whereas the Nars did start becoming patchy.  I don't know if that's really a factor though because not many people expect foundations to last in water but if you are one of those people who wear foundation to the beach, the Smashbox would be for you! All in all I think I would have to say they are both very good foundations in comparison however in my preference I would pick the Smashbox purely for the convenience and staying power.  I do like both of them equally however do find myself reaching for my Smashbox more than my Nars.  However if you are someone who can never find the perfect shade I would highly recommend checking out the selection that Nars has! 

I hope you all enjoyed this post, I definitely enjoyed trying these out for you! If you have any further questions please do leave them in the comments below, I'd love to get chatty! Thankyou all so much for reading and I hope you come back again! I also just want to say that I am in the middle of filming and editing my first ever video and I can't wait to have that up and running! If you have any suggestions for videos or blogs that you would like to see feel free to post them in the comments! 

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment