Tuesday 26 July 2016

Sherlock Review

Oh, Hey There Ladies and Gents! 

Do you know how excited I am? I don't think you do... I am beyond thrilled to be reviewing Sherlock for you today.  I have been absolutely obsessed with this show lately and I can't wait to let you in on all the different reasons why this show is so enthralling! Also, just before I get into the review, if you haven't seen already, today I posted my first ever YouTube video and I am so happy with the response already but if you haven't seen it be sure to pop on over and check it out! I would love to hear your thoughts! Now lets get onto the review shall we. 


My partner and I started watching Sherlock around the beginning of June I believe and unfortunately it didn't take us long to get through the three seasons.  However, because the trailer for the fourth season has just come out I thought it was only fitting that I tell you what I thought of the first three! First of all can I say, I am a Cumberbitch, and I am proud to say it. haha No, but in all seriousness, I am a massive fan of Benedict Cumberbatch.  I think he is an absolutely phenomenal actor and suits the roll of Sherlock so well. Also the chemistry on screen between Sherlock (aka Benedict Cumberbatch) and Watson (aka Martin Freeman) is beyond perfect. They make the perfect team and I really can't think of better actors to have in the series.  Although they can pull off the serious scenes, they also make the funny scenes important too.  You aren't left sitting there awkwardly watching the TV waiting for the scene to pass, it all ties into the story line.  I'm not going to lie to you, there is one thing that I don't like about this show and that is the fact that there just isn't enough of it.  Honestly, there are only three episodes in a season.  Granted the episodes are hour long episodes but that's not nearly enough. I definitely wasn't happy with the lack of episodes but I am so excited for the next season.  The main thing that I absolutely love about this show is that even though it uses a high level of intelligence as Sherlock is made to be a genius basically, everything is explained so you know what's going on too.  Instead of sitting there having to try and figure out how Sherlock realised that that person had been to three towns in the past two days by just loking at her it actually explains it to you in a really well done way which makes the show a pleasure to watch.    


If I had to choose my favourite character in the show it would easily be Sherlock however Watson is a close second.  I truly can't put it into words how great I think this show is.  I have recommended it to absolutely everyone I know and I'm going to recommend it to you too! The acting is phenomenal, the humour is witty and well done without being cheesy and each story line is fantastic in it's own way.  If I had to choose my favourite episode I think it would have to be Watson and Mary's wedding when Sherlock spends a significant amount of time saying his speech but it leads into them solving a mystery which I won't go into too much depth just in case you haven't seen it.  In all honesty though, if you haven't seen this show you definitely have to watch it because it truly is one of the best I have ever seen. I would put it in the top three TV shows I have ever seen and I have seen a few so that is saying something! 

I really hope you enjoyed this blog.  If you have seen Sherlock and love it as much as I do, let me know in the comments! Let me know what TV show you are watching right now, I'd love to hear from you! I hope you are all having a wonderful day and have an even better week!! Don't forget to head on over and check out my first video, I'd love for you to subscribe and tune in for many more to come!! 

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Anne xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment