Tuesday 5 July 2016

'What's For' - MY BIRTHDAY!!

Hello There Guys and Gals! 

I hope you are all having a super splendid day! As I'm writing this it's moving into the last hours of my 21st Birthday and I can honestly say I had a lovely day! It wasn't filled with partying and booze but it was filled with laughs, family, friends, baking and presents. haha By the time I post this it probably won't be my birthday anymore in Australia but because it will be in other countries I'm going to ask you all to do one thing for me on my birthday please.  Will you, for me, take a moment and head to the comment section and let me know where you are from? I have been wondering for a while now where my readers are from and I'd love to get to know a little bit about each of you. So please, take a moment now if you wish. 
Now that I've told you it's my birthday lets get onto the good bits.  I just wanted to run you through the incredible gifts I received and the yummy looking cake I specifically made for myself for my blog.  Doesn't it look delicious (and sickeningly sweet).


First, the cake.  I decided about a week ago I wanted to go all out for my birthday cake so I thought about the most extravagant cake I could make and decided on that.  It took a while but eventually I came up with a triple layered cake with a red velvet layer, a chocolate layer and a vanilla layer.  But that's not all, between those layers are vanilla icing, chocolate icing and whipped cream. Getting sick yet? haha Lastly I thought it would be a lovely idea to finish it off with some chocolate icing with maltesers and crushed flake on top.  It truly is the most outstanding cake I have ever attempted, and I think I succeeded! If you don't want to know how I made this beauty feel free to move on to the next segment but for those of you with an epic sweet tooth, keep reading.  
It was actually super simple to make but definitely time consuming.  Firstly, I purchased each cake along with some cream, flake bites and maltesers, the remaining ingredients I had in my fridge.  Last night I baked two of the cakes - following the direction on the back of the packaging - so that they would be cool and wouldn't take up my entire day today.  I also decided it would be a good idea to whip the cream as I wanted it to be set enough so it wouldn't slide around when I was trying to place it on the cakes today. When that was finished I placed it all in the fridge over night to cool.  Today when I got home from work I baked the last cake and started to put this masterpiece together.  I won't lie, because I'm not a professional it was difficult to get each cake halved perfectly but I tried! from the bottom of the cake up the layers are red velvet, cream, red velvet, cream, chocolate, chocolate icing, chocolate, cream, vanilla, vanilla icing, vanilla, chocolate icing, maltesers and flake.  So as you can see, I put a layer of cream between each cake but a layer of icing between the chocolate and vanilla.. Now that I have totally confused you and said 'layers' about twenty times I think it's time to quote Shrek... Ogres are like onions. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers... Sorry, it's late and it's been in my head all day, so basically my cake and ogres are similar. Moving on to the gifts...  


I was super spoiled this year and received so many presents from all the wonderful people I have in my life.  My beautiful Parent's bought me the absolutely gorgeous Ruby Necklace that goes with the matching Ruby earrings that my Aunt bought me, I couldn't be more grateful, this set is so so perfect, I actually cried when I received it.  Next is the photo frame, key rings and locket necklace my Sister bought me.  The locket has a snippet of my horses main in it which I think is so special, I miss my horse all the time and this is truly the most perfect gift to have! Moving onto the picture on the right, from my bosses I received the electric blanket and the cutest little vintage refillable perfume bottle. The perfume bottle is so gorgeous, it's something that I would never think to buy for myself but I absolutely adore it now that I have it.  As for the Electric blanket, I hadn't stopped talking about them to my boss so he thought it would be appropriate to buy me one which is so nice and I'm so thankful because they are absolutely lovely to have.  
My partner went above and beyond this birthday and bought me so many incredible gifts and apparently there are more coming in the mail so I'll have to tell you about them another time.  But today he surprised me with a Nutribullet which I have been dying to get for a while now but I'm too cheap to buy it.  He also bought me a heated throw, which once again is super lovely to own.  He may have splurged and bought me season two and three of Once upon a Time which I love and season six of Pretty Little Liars which I'm currently watching right now, and I'm addicted so I don't mind. The last thing he bought me was the cake turntable which came in super handy today and hopefully will get quite a work out in the future! I can't thank everyone enough for making today so special but I certainly will try! 

Thankyou so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.  Let me know in the comments if you like this type of blog? I in no way intend to brag I just thought it might be fun to share with you what I received! I hope you all have a lovely week and I'll talk to you all very soon! I have so many blogs up my sleeve just waiting to be posted and I'm excited about all of them! I'm also so close to having my filming room set up so stay tuned for videos soon!! 

Until Next Time

BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment