Friday 24 June 2016

Gerard Cosmetics - Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick Swatches

Hey there my clan of beautiful Ladies!! 
Or Men, I welcome you both with open arms! 

Today's post is so exciting for me because I finally get to talk to you about something I have been absolutely loving for a couple of months now and that is the Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks from Gerard Cosmetics! I am in love with them! I initially bought my first lipstick around christmas time last year and it arrived early January and since then I had been wanted more. So about a month ago I invested in another four which I do not regret at all.  The only thing I do regret is not buying more while they were on sale! These beauties retail for $20USD each, yes each! But I PROMISE, they are so worth it! These liquid lipstick wear so well, I wore one of mine the other day for an eight hour shift at work and it didn't budge.  They are not too drying and I haven't had any flake or become clumpy like some matte lipsticks do.  You will also be super excited to know that these are cruelty free which makes me so stoked! 


So the first two colours you see me wearing in the pictures above are 1995 (left) and Invasion (right) and if I'm totally honest I can't pick a favourite at all so please don't make me.  1995 was originally one of their lipstick shades but because it was loved so much they launched it as a liquid lipstick and I honestly think it is the best thing they could have done.  This shade is said to be inspired by the neutral hues of the 90's and I am loving it.  It is such a deep nude with an almost brown undertone and it suits basically every makeup look.  I can be worn for and everyday look or paired with a real bold eye for a night out! As apposed to Invasion which is a beautiful grey toned lip colour which I find so gorgeous.  When I saw this colour I knew I just had to have it.  It's so completely different to anything that I have in my collection and I'm so glad I bought it.  It has a slight purple tone to it that is so wonderfully bold without being over the top at all. This lippy is said to have a velvety finish and I completely agree, it is so super comfortable to wear.  



Next we have Iced Mocha which is the first ever shade I bought and I don't regret it at all.  This shade is a beautiful light brown colour which compliments most eye looks and works well as a bold lip colour with a plain eye look.  It is super pigmented and does not take much at all to get a lovely coat of colour.  This lippy also has such a gorgeous smell as it smells basically of an Iced Mocha and when you love Iced coffee as much as I do it's a sure fire sign that I'll love the lipstick! I absolutely love this shade!



Lastly we have Immortal (left) and Ruby Slipper (right).  Again, I am in love with these two shades! None of these lippies have been a let down at all, each of them are perfect for different reasons and that includes these two.  Immortal is a gorgeous blood red shade and is actually a little darker, more blue toned than it shows in the picture.  This is the perfect shade to wear on a night out for a beautiful bold red lip.  Like I said previously, even though these lipsticks are matte, each of them has a moisturising factor to them, they aren't creamy but they don't feel drying at all.  As for Ruby Slipper, this is the only shade that I own that has a hint of something different and that is sparkling glitter.  Yes, you heard me right, sparkling glitter.  This is a deep gorgeous dark red shade with the most beautiful hint of glitter you have ever seen.  The only problem I have with this shade is that it is a little difficult to get it truly opaque as it is so dark but if you work with it, it is absolutely gorgeous and compliments so many different makeup looks.  I would wear this on a daily basis and definitely on a night out, it is greatly diverse and that's one thing I love about all of these colours! 



The range of Liquid Lipsticks come in these gorgeous little opaque packaging with beautiful gold lids, could they look any cuter?
I hope you enjoyed this post! If there is any more details that you would like to know please, feel free to ask! Let me know in the comments if you have tried these before and your thoughts on them. I am also highly considering starting a YouTube channel and was wondering if any of you would watch it? It would be wonderful to hear some feedback on that, the content would be roughly the same as my blog you would just get to see my face a whole lot more! I can't thank you all enough tuning in and reading! I hope you are all having a wonderful week and I'll talk to you all in my next post!! 

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment