Tuesday 30 August 2016

The Body Shop/Makeup Haul

So, Where have I been? Well, honestly I have just been busy.  
I was doing super well with my blog, I was on track, each post was going up as it should but come last Thursday and it just didn't happen and you know why? Well, firstly I wasn't prepared and secondly, I donated blood and wasn't feeling well at all so I took the night off and basically went to bed early. Then Friday I was super busy and the weekend was just chaotic so here I am writing this blog at 12am Tuesday morning. I hope you forgive me xx

Anyhoo, about two weeks ago now I took a trip to Brisbane to watch Suicide Squad - which I loved by the way - and I decided to duck into The Body Shop and Benefit to grab a few products that I have been eyeing off for a while now and I wanted to chat you through it today so here it goes. Also, I posted a Favourites video on my YouTube Channel today and I hope you all love it! I want to ask you if any of you would like me to post any videos regarding body positivity/ workout routines or just weight loss in general as I feel like I have a lot to say but I don't want to bore you all so let me know in the comments if that is something you might want to see? 


Okay, so I have been having a few issues with my skin lately, mostly stress breakouts so nothing too drastic but I found that the products that I had been using weren't really making a difference.  So I decided to go in store and chat with the ladies and find out what would best suit my skin and considering I had seen that few new products had come out in the Tea Tree range I was super excited. So after doing a little Q&A about my skin and finding out what my skin needs the lady instantly directed me to the Tea Tree range.  Turns out my skin is mostly oily which I was pretty sure of but I just wanted to check with someone who knew more than me. haha 
So after taking a look at the range and deciding how much money I wanted to spend I went for the Blemish Night Lotion, the 3-in-1 Wash,/Scrub/Mask, the Toner and the Daily Moisturiser. All in all this came to around $80AUD which I thought was amazingly reasonable and they even had a sale which was buy four or more products and you get 20% off which is why it was so well priced.  I was so happy.  I have been using these products for a good three weeks now and I can honestly say I have seen a great difference, my problem areas have cleaned up nicely and I even added these products into my August Favourites!

Next we have the Benefit products which I have been wanting since the day they came out but unfortunately the closest Benefit counter to me is in Brisbane.. 2hrs away.  I didn't want to buy them online cause I wasn't sure of the shades so I had to wait until we did a trip to Brisbane and can I just tell you how excited I was to finally own these products.  I eyed off a few of their brow range but decided on only the Ka-Brow and Gimme Brow as they are the ones I'm most likely to use and are also a great travel size.  I have since fallen rather deeply in love with these products and they have become staples in my everyday makeup routine.  I won't lie I do think they are a tad pricey but they are too good for me to pass up so I definitely will be purchasing them again! 

Lastly we have the Nyx Liquid Suede in the shade SandStorm and guys, can I just start by saying, NYX HAS OPENED IN MY TOWN!!! So I no longer have to travel 40mins to get to me nearest Nyx counter and they have the full range of products which I am beyond stoked about.  Unfortunately though I have only had a chance to pick up this one lipstick - I will be getting more - but I saw Zoella talking about this product in one of her vlogs and I loved the colour so as soon as they opened I had to duck in and get it! This lipstick truly is gorgeous! The formula is so lovely, it's not too matte and doesn't dry out my lips at all! I honestly can't wait to go back and pick up some more!! Give me some suggestions? What are your favourite shades? 

Anyway guys, I'm going to leave it there and head to bed.  I hope you enjoyed this post and I'm sorry it is so late, I hope you forgive me! If you haven't already please do think about following this blog as I upload every Thursday (Usually) and head over to my new YouTube Channel and Subscribe to that if you would prefer to follow me on that platform! I upload videos every Monday and you don't want to miss any when Halloween and Christmas come around because I am so excited for those! Hands up if you love those holidays too?? 

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Anne xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment