Friday 19 August 2016

'What's for Dinner?' - Mushroom Stroganoff

Hey there Guys,

How are you all today? I hope you are all having a fantastic week! I am back on the couch tonight about to write up my 'What's for Dinner' post and I'm super excited to share this one with you because it is super simple and so easy, anyone could do it.  So to start off this blog I am just going to let you in on a little secret, if you don't like mushrooms, this post is not for you at all but assuming you clicked on this post that means you like them enough to eat them in a meal so all will be fine! Today I will be sharing with you a yummy Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe I got out of our Vegetarian Cookbook and I have also put a bit of my own spin on it, so I hope you enjoy.  Also, if you haven't seen yet I have started my own YouTube channel, I post every Monday and would love it if you would check it out and let me know what you think as I am so excited about it and would love to connect with more people.  Anyhoo let's get started on this post shall we.


Ingredients

25g Butter
1 Onion, Finely Chopped (I used Shallots)
450g Mushrooms
1Tsp Tomato Puree
1Tsp Wholegrain Mustard
150ml Creme Fraiche
1Tsp Paprika, plus extra to garnish
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley to Garnish
Optional - 1Cup Rice

So firstly you will want to heat the butter in a large frying pan.  If you are using rice this is when you will want to start cooking it so that when the meal is finished the rice will be ready to serve also.  Remember to keep stirring the rice while you are making the stroganoff.
Add the onion to the frypan - or in my case I chose shallots because my partner doesn't like onion but will quite happily eat shallots - and cook gently until soft.  Then add the mushrooms into the frying pan and stir-fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften.  
Next stir in the tomato puree and mustard, then add the creme fraiche.  Cook gently, stirring constantly for approximately five minutes.  Lastly, stir in the paprika and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Garnish with the extra paprika and parsley sprigs and serve on a plate with the rice immediately. 


Now as I said, I decided to add rice to this dish and I am so glad I did.  The recipe states that it is for four people but with rice mine ended up just enough for two so if you were trying to make this for four people I would highly, highly recommend that you double the ingredients.  As for the cost of this meal it is really inexpensive, I would say I spent at most $20 buying the ingredients, taking into account that I had the spices, mustard and rice already in the cupboard.  But in all honestly this meal is one of the cheaper options I have found for a great vegetarian dish.  If I were to make it again - which I definitely will be doing - I would add more vegetables to it.  I realise it is a 'Mushroom' Stroganoff but I feel like it can really be made into something more filling by just adding a few more vegetables but that is completely a personal choice. I truly did love this dish, it was so simple and quick and is definitely going to become a staple dish for us.  What do you think? Would you eat it?

Thankyou so much for tuning in again and I hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know if you try out this dish, be sure to tag me on which ever social media site is best for you! Please if you have time head over and check out my YouTube channel, your support would mean the world to me and I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Once again I hope you are all having a wonderful week and I'll see you all again in my next post.. Which will hopefully be either a Haul post or a How to post, which one would you prefer? 

Until Next Time 
BrittanieDe-Anne xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment