Friday 8 July 2016

PIIT28 Update

Hey PIITSTERS!

Left - After April PIIT       Right - After May No PIIT
Even if you aren't a PIITSTER I still want to think of you as someone from the PIIT or Blogilates community! If you are here you are probably looking for advice, support or just want to hear my story and I'm happy with that.
How are you all? I hope you are all having a wonderful day!
Now I want to start this off very honestly and tell you that I only did PIIT four times during the month of May and have been getting back into a routine through June, and I am okay with that because I took time out to work on my mental and emotional health while still thinking about my physical health.  No, I don't have any mental health issues, but I do get overly stressed and anxious a lot of the time if I feel pressured to do something and that is how I was feeling when I was doing my PIIT, so I decided to take a break. Like I said, I've been back into it now for a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited. Anyway, today's post is going to be about my second month of PIIT and my month of working on me, I hope you stick around til the end!


I just want you to take a second to read the message above.  It took me a long, long time to realise this.  I spent years hating my body, ridiculing myself and telling myself I wasn't worth loving.  Now, I definitely still have bad days and I am no where near where I aim to be but I am undoubtedly on my journey.  
Toward the end of April I found myself getting bored with PIIT, I didn't want to put the effort in and I could feel myself slipping from the workout routine I was in.  The only real workout I looked forward to wad the STRONGER workout and that's because it was something different.  I had a lot of extra stress at the time and as I have said, I don't deal well with stress at all, but since then I have realised that it's okay to not deal all the time and take some time out for you. So when May rolled around and Cassey brought out PIIT 2.0 I wasn't sure it I wanted to buy it.  One, I didn't have the money at the time and two I didn't think I was quite ready to move on to higher intensity workouts, so I took a week off to think about it.  In that week I went to Brisbane and watched an Iron Maiden concert and I also met up with a friend that I hadn't met before.  It was a fun week.  At the end of that week I felt happy, I felt relaxed, so that week off soon turned into a fortnight, which at the time I was a bit bummed about but right now I see it was the right thing to do.  My mind was cluttered, I felt pressured to do the workouts, it wasn't fun anymore and I had turned it into a chore.  So during this week I decided I would take the rest of the month to work on my emotional and mental health and try and learn how to combat stress and my negative thoughts about my body image.  I may have stopped workouts but I never stopped being conscious about what I was putting into my body.  I also found myself wanting to workout a few times, so I did and it felt wonderful, but I didn't get angry at myself when I didn't continue the next day.  I won't lie to you, I had days when I would see other people on Instagram who had started PIIT at the same time as me excelling and I was very jealous that I had fallen off the band wagon but it didn't take long for me to realise that this wasn't a bad thing and it was something that I very much needed.  We all need to understand that falling off isn't the bad thing, not getting back on is.  


So when June rolled around I started again - at the beginning - but this time I talked my partner into starting with me and can I just tell you, it was the best thing I ever did because not only do you have a support system you also have competition.  Healthy competition of course but you also have butt loads of fun when you are working out with someone you care about.  You learn to laugh at yourself and push yourself to that point just before you break.  It's a very uplifting feeling.  This time though, when I began I made a promise to myself that I would never get angry at myself and if I needed a day off for whatever reason I would give it, as long as I got back into it.  So now after a month, my partner and I have been going for weekly 5km walks, doing PIIT 4-5 times a week and we have been making healthy life choices.  Every now and then we will take a day off either because we are sore or we just need a break but we don't push ourselves til we break.  During last month for the first time in my entire life I looked in the mirror and truly thought to myself 'damn girl you look fine!'. I have even been searching for bathing suits online which is a huge step for me.  Of course I still have some of those days where I'm not happy with my body but I am so determined right now to become healthy and comfortable in my own skin.  I am even looking forward to beach weather which is an absolute first for me so that's a plus! We plan to continue with PIIT for another month and see where we are fitness wise and maybe step it up to PIIT 2.0 but we aren't rushing.  I really want to make this a huge lifestyle change and that takes time so I am going to give it. 

I hope you enjoyed this post as much as you enjoyed my last PIIT post, it currently has the most views of all my posts sitting at over 1400 which is absolutely incredible! Thank you all so much! If you have any questions at all, please leave them in the comments, I would love to hear from you! If you have a similar story to mine let me know! If you just need to chat, please feel free to message me on Facebook or Instagram, I'd love to chat to you! And lastly, if you would like to purchase PIIT please just click this link! If you haven't read my first review feel free to read it here, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the program also? Did it work for you?? 

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment