Monday 22 February 2016

Lost Review


Hello there my lovelies!

If you know the meaning of the above photo you have come to the right place. Tonight I will be reviewing seasons one and two of Lost.  Now yes, I know I am really late to watch this TV Show, however when it first came out I was only nine and my mother definitely would not have let me watch something so frightening for a young child.  It was only a month or two ago now that my partner told me I just had to watch it, so after christmas we sat down and binge watched a few episodes and I became hooked. 


Now, I've written a few TV Show reviews already on my blog, you can find my Gotham review here and my Heroes review here if you would like to check those out! I would love to hear your thoughts on those shows.  

Anyhoo, lets get onto the good parts! Firstly, I do know the ending and I don't typically hate that I know the ending because for me it doesn't change the fact that I want to watch the show.  I love finding out how the story progresses so basically for me the ending isn't a big deal, it's how they get there that really interests me.  Tonight I just finished watching season two and I honestly can't wait to watch the next.  So far I have been loving the story line however sometimes I don't understand how one part of the show might correlate with another and that's when I find it really handy to have Julian with me when I watch each episode.  It's nice to be able to turn to him and ask for a little bit of clarification.  Although it's awful when I ask to know something and he won't tell me.  Knowing that he knows and won't tell me frustrates the hell out of me.  I'm someone that can know what is going to happen in an episode but will still want to watch it to see how it all played out.  

I have been quite disappointed that they haven't incorporated the 'smoke' monster into the story much lately, it was kind of there for a few episodes in the beginning of season one and only in a few of season two then nothing, it's apparently vanished.  I'd love to see them bring that back in (Just keep in mind that I haven't seen anymore than season two, so they might bring it back and I have no clue?).  I do very much like the idea that they have a few plot lines going at one time that each overlap with the other, for example right now the 'others' have become a big part of the story whereas the 'hatch' is also a big plot line.  I can't wait to see where the hatch story will lead?  If you have seen the show you will know that at the very end of season two it shows Desmond's 'girlfriend' - or whatever she is to him - getting a phone call to tell her about the magnetic surge.. That just completely blew me away, I honestly didn't see that coming at all! I really like Desmond's character and how he is being portrayed and can honestly say that I am looking forward to seeing how his story progresses.  

As for favourite and least favourite characters, I have a few of each.  How about I start with my least favourites? So I assume at this point in the show everyone hate Michael? Well, I definitely do, I mean I can see why he is being awful and selfish but he honestly didn't need to be and he just frustrates me.  However on another note, that means the actor is doing a marvelous job with his acting, he is truly portraying the character perfectly.  At the moment I also don't particularly like Locke, he frustrates me so much because I feel as though he just always wants to have some 'calling' if you will.  He is just a hard character to understand.  I didn't really like Anna-lucia much at all, I didn't really think she acted the part particularly well, she always annoyed me because she was constantly looking for revenge or for a reason to hate people and always thought she was right.  Honestly I don't really dislike any other characters.

As for my favourites however, my number one favourite character would have to be a tie between Sawyer and Sayid.  I truly love each of these two characters equally, I think both actors do a fantastic job portraying each role perfectly.  I love the back story for each character and cannot wait to see the progression through season three and four.  I will definitely cry if they die. haha 
Another favourite of mine is Desmond, purely for the fact that he constantly calls everyone Brother, I don't know why but its completely endearing, and his accent... Oh my goodness!  Libby was another favourite of mine and when she was killed it just made me hate Michael even more! She was such a sweet soul and I really wanted to know how and why she was in the mental hospital with Hurley! 

I don't want to go on all night so I'm going to finish it up here but let me know in the comments if you would like me to review the entire show once I am finished and I will do an updated version! Just to sum it all up, I can't wait to continue watching seasons three and four and I really hope they keep with the story lines that they have right now and really explain them! I would love that a lot! 

Anyway guys, I hope you have all had a wonderful start to the week and I will see you all in my next blog post.  Just a quick little side note, I'm really thinking about posting my first ever YouTube video but I'm not sure if anyone would actually want to see it.  If I were to post one, what type of things would you want to see? If you would leave a few comments below I would be forever grateful! Thank you all so much for already getting me to 4000 views! I appreciate it so much and can't believe how wonderful you all are! 

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment