Thursday 31 March 2016

Easter Baking - Chocolate Tarts with MaltEaster Bunnies


 Hello Everybody!! Happy Easter!!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter, filled with Chocolate, Family and Fun! I ideally wanted to have this post up by Saturday so that you all could try these little beauties out but unfortunately once again my internet has failed me so now this is more of a ‘look what I made for Easter’ post.  Nevertheless, they are still super cute and you can still attempt to make them now or next Easter for that matter.

LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE!!!! 

As for ingredients and utensils, you will need:

Ingredients:
200g Plain Chocolate biscuits
80g Butter, melted
150g Dark Chocolate
60ml Cream
75g Butter, extra, chopped
1 Egg
2 Egg Yolks
2 tbls Caster Sugar
80g Maltesers
6 MaltEaster Bunnies
Utensils:
6 2cm deep, 8cm Tart Pans (I used muffin tins)
Food Processor
Measuring Jug
Saucepan
Electric Mixer
Multiple mixing bowls
Measuring spoons/cups 


For the method you will first need to preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease the tart pans/muffin tray.  Process the biscuits in a food processor to make fine crumbs, add the melted butter and continue processing until just combined.  Press this mixture into the base and sides of the prepared pans and place in the fridge to chill.  Next combine the chocolate, cream and chopped butter in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir for two to three minutes or until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.  Using you electric mixer, beat the egg, egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until thick and creamy.  Gradually beat in the chocolate mixture until combined.  Pour this mixture into your prepared tart shells.  Bake these for ten to twelve minutes or until filling is just set.  Set aside in pas for 30mins to cool, place in fridge for 2 hours to chill or until firm.  Decorate the tarts with maltesers and your malteaster bunnies and whatever else you want to use such as coconut? or marshmallows?
I promise this is super easy! 


And look how great they turned out! And they tasted amazing! They were so sweet but the chocolate mixture on the inside of the biscuity outside was so delicious and the perfect texture! I had so much fun making these and they were super quick and simple, even the least experienced person in the kitchen can perfect these! I feel like I definitely could have made these cuter, had I put more effort in and had the tart pans instead of muffin trays I feel like they could have been even cuter! Is that even possible though? These would be good for any Easter function you may be attending or even if you just want to pig out on chocolate while baking! I am very sorry this went up after Easter and I hope you all had a wonderful time!! 

Until Next Time

BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment