Saturday 19 March 2016

Too Faced - Chocolate Bon Bons Palette Review

 Hello Everybody!!

How are you all?? I hope you all had a fantastic day or are about to have a fantastic day depending in where in the world you are!  It honestly amazes me that I have people from all over the world reading this little blog, its incredible! Thank you all so much! I'd love for any of you who have your own blog to leave a link in the comments so I can check them out? Anyhoo, let's begin shall we.. I have been dying to review the Chocolate Bon Bons Palette, so here it is! 


About a month ago I was browsing through the Mecca Maxima website and found that this little gem had come back into stock and after purchasing the Chocolate Bar palette just a week before I knew I had to get my hands on this one, so on impulse I splurged and bought it.  Oops.. I honestly do not regret it at all, the one thing that will always stop me from spending too much is the cost of shipping and since the shipping was free for this one naturally I jumped at the chance.  I'm not gonna lie, this Palette it $78AUD however for the quality it is absolutely, 100% worth it.  The packaging, as you can see is super cute, not to mention it smells divine! I have to hand it to Too Faced, they certainly know how to make a product look gorgeous.  I haven't found a product of theirs yet that I didn't think was adorable!   As for he pigmentation, I'm slightly disappointed with a few of the shades, mainly the lighter pink shades.  I had higher expectations for them however I haven't tried them with a damp brush or something of the like.  I do find at the moment though, that it is really difficult to get much colour pay off when using a shade like Sprinkles, which is totally understandable, I feel as though it is a really subtle colour and in the right situation would really pull a look together.  However this palette is still amazing, shades like Dark Truffle and Bordeaux give off amazing colour pigmentation and I love to use them to deepen a look and really darken the outer corner! I really do think there is a wonderful mix of light and dark shades which makes for a great palette.

Left to Right
Dark Truffle, Pecan Praline, Totally Fetch, Earl Grey, Divinity

Left to Right
Cashew Chew, Cotton Candy, Cafe Au Lait, Bordeaux, Mocha, Black Currant

Left to Right
Almond Truffle, Satin Sheets, Sprinkles, Molasses Chip, Malted
As for the shades, I love the selection this palette has.  It ranges from real natural browns to gorgeous baby pinks, with a few more bolder shades thrown in such as Cafe Au Lait.  This palette definitely has a lot more shimmer shades than matte however for me that is perfect! I love me some shimmer! However I feel that even though there are only about four fully matte shades in the entire palette, the colours themselves are the perfect and I honestly wouldn't want any more matte shades in the palette.  If I had to choose a favourite three shades, I would have to pick; Satin Sheets, Molasses Chip and Dark Truffle! I honestly use these three shades on my eyes almost everyday! They give such a beautiful dark yet more of a natural look without being to bold and I would wear it non stop if I could!  


The above look I created using the shades, Satin Sheets, Almond Truffle, Molasses Chip and Bordeaux, I feel like I could have gone a little heavier with Bordeaux and really darkened up the outer corner! If you would like to see how I achieved the above look, let me know in the comments and I'll post a 'tutorial' or, if you'd like to see me attempt to use any other shades in a look let me know! I really can't wait to experiment further with this palette! 
Anyway guys, I'm going to leave it there, if you have any questions about the palette itself or any recommendation for me to try out I'd love to hear them! 

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment