Monday 14 March 2016

Skin Yoga - First Impression

Hey guys,

How are you all doing today? Today, I have a few first impressions for you, I was going to review these products but I figured that because I only had enough of each product two use maybe twice I didn't have enough to give you a good review so I opted for a first impressions instead.  
About a month ago now I received two sample products from SkinYoga in my Lust Have It Box and have been dying to try them ever since.  So today I finally got to sit down and try them out! I posted an Unboxing for that box here if you'd like to find out more about it! SkinYoga is a 100% natural skin care brand from India, which made me even more excited to try it! 


The two products that I received samples for were the Orange and Almond face scrub and the Sandalwood and Saffron Face Mask.  As usual, today after work I came home, had a shower and cleansed my face making sure that all my make up was removed before I applied either of these products.


I'll start with the Almond and Orange Face scrub, because naturally that's what I used first in the routine.  The instructions say to place a spoon full of the face scrub in your palm and activate the ingredients with water, for the purpose of the photo I placed it in a bowl.  I added enough water to make it to the same consistency that I would assume and face scrub should be, making sure not to add too much water.  I didn't want the product running off my face, obviously.  At first glance the packaging for this product is super cute and even looks natural.  Once mixed with water the consistency reminds me of a sort of nutty porridge, however it weirdly smelt like herbs to me, that could have been the almonds though.  To my surprise, it didn't smell of orange at all.  When its all mixed together the instructions then say to place on the face and scrub in circular motions for 2-3 minutes then rinse.  I found this face scrub to be very exfoliating as I assume it should be. When I was finished scrubbing, I left it sit for probably another minute and found that it hardens of your face into some sort of a face mask which is nice I guess it then gives you two options.  This product costs $25.13AUD for a full size bottle, it's recommended for all skin types which is another bonus and if you are all for natural products this could be the one for you! 


Moving onto the Sandalwood and Saffron Face Mask, once again the first few instructions were the same as the face scrub.  Place a spoonful in your palm and add water to activate the ingredients.  I probably added a little less water to this then the face scrub purely because I wanted it to hold a little better to my face as it is a mask. This products definitely smells of Sandalwood, it has a very woody smell.  Once applied to the face it gives a very fresh feel to the skin and as with most face masks it irritated one of my sore pimples for a split second.  I left this on my skin for a good 5 minutes as directed by the instructions. Once I removed the mask I realised that it had left my skin feeling really oily which I later found out is because this products is actually for dry skin and I have combination to oily skin, so it probably isn't a very good choice for me but for anyone with dry skin I feel like it would be super hydrating and most likely leave the skin feeling smooth and soft.  A bottle of this full size comes to $29.83AUD which is quite pricey and I'm really annoyed that I can't give you a better indication of whether it would be a good buy or not.

All in all, I probably wouldn't purchase them, when I first saw them, I honestly thought I would buy them in a heart beat but after using them I don't think they would be convenient for me.  I like to have quite a fast paced routine and these are quite fiddly, I mean they aren't awful at all and if you really wanted something that was 100% natural I would highly recommend these but for the price and lack of convenience personally I would not purchase them.  They are super cute though and I do wish I could have given you a better review on how they made my skin feel after a few days but I just don't have enough to do that sort of review.  

Anyway guys, I'm gonna leave it there.  Let me know if you have ever used any SkinYoga products before and your thoughts on them! I'd love to hear them! I'd once again like to thank you all for 6000views!! I can't believe there are so many of you reading! I'd love for you to say hi next time you stop by, maybe tell me where you are from? 

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment