Wednesday 9 December 2015

Christmas Sweets!!

Hey Guys, 

I'm super excited for today's blog!  If you are anything like me, you love christmas and everything that goes with it! Especially making the edible goodies! I honestly find that I enjoy making them more than eating them and if I could keep them in my fridge forever, I probably would!


Today I'm going to go over a few different, adorably festive sweet ideas that I found online and luckily got to try out yesterday for my staff christmas party! First I'm going to start off with what I think is the easiest of all of them - the home made bounty bars.  Although mine had a little festive touch with the soft sugar pearls on top (pictured above).  These only had three ingredients and were incredibly easy to make.  In fact, I made these while I was in the process of getting ready for the party.  All you will need is:
1cup Condensed Milk
3cup shredded coconut
400g melted chocolate 

Mix the condensed milk in a bowl with the shredded coconut, form into bars and place on a tray in the freezer for 20mins.  Melt chocolate in the microwave and let slightly cool.  using a spoon or fingers (depending on who you are cooking for) dip bars in the chocolate to fully coat, sprinkle a couple of sugar pearls over the top and place in the fridge to set! Honestly the easiest sweets to make for any occasion!  Although mine aren't completely bar shaped I feel like this is due to how small my bowl was that had the chocolate in it, it made it quite difficult to dip in the chocolate.  Super yummy though! I recommend you all try these!


Next lets talk about the gorgeous little christmas trees pictured above.  Would you believe I went to the trouble of dying white chocolate green? Believe it, cause I did.  These were definitely the most tedious of the three sweets I'm addressing today, they took the most time and effort but I feel were also the most fun to make.  You will need: - depending on how many you want to make - 
Oreos
Strawberries
100's and 1000's
White Chocolate
Vanilla Icing Sugar
Green food colouring
(optional) White sugar stars

First you will want to cut all the stems off the strawberries, melt the white chocolate and add the green dye to the intensity you so desire.  Layout all your ingredients to make it easier to assemble; using a small spatula place a thin layer of icing over each oreo.  Using toothpicks, dip the tips of the strawberries into the now green chocolate, sprinkle with 100's and 1000's and add the star.  Carefully place the strawberry on the oreo and set on a tray to set.  Although this sounds easy, its pretty damn difficult, so take your time and be patient! We don't want green chocolate up the walls! Although this one was quite the handful, I would definitely do it again for christmas.  They were a hit at the party and very very sweet! 


Lastly is the little Gingerbread houses (obviously not made out of gingerbread). These were once again super easy and very quick to make, they also only take a few ingredients so are quite cheap aswell!  All you will need is:
Choc Minis
Vanilla Icing
Nice Biscuits
Soft Sugar Pearls 

These are very basic and take no time at all to assemble, first you'll want to coat the top of one nice biscuit with the vanilla icing, place another biscuit on top of the first.  Place a thin line of icing down each side of the top biscuit and as seen in the picture above, take another two biscuits and slant them to a point adding icing to the top of these to keep them in place.  Honestly that sounds super complicated but its actually really simple!  Then all you will have to do is decorate with the choc minis and sugar pearls, I used a tiny amount of icing on the biscuits to attach my choc minis.  I think these would be a big hit at any christmas party, they definitely were at mine, not one was left on the plate! So considering how simple they were I would definitely make them again!


Also guys, I took a couple of pictures of the makeup I was wearing as I felt it was so festive, super christmassy and wanted to show you all! If you want to see how I achieved this look, let me know in the comments!  Thank you all for reading and I hope you all enjoyed this post!  If you try out any of these sweets for christmas, I'd love to see pictures so either tag me on Instagram or Facebook or post them in the comments!

Until Next Time 
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo











No comments:

Post a Comment