Wednesday 23 December 2015

Christmas Makeup Tutorial and First Impressions


Good Evening my lovelies, since buying a bunch load of high end makeup I decided I would attempt to create a pretty christmas look and this is what I came up with. What do you think??  While creating this look I thought I would also write down my first impression of my new products and share them with you all? How does that sound?
  

So firstly, the products that I used for this look are as follows:
Smash Box Photo Finish Foundation Primer
FitMe Matte and Poreless Foundation in Shade 235
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Shade Vanilla
Starlet Loose Powder Translucent Finish
Savvy Mineral Loose Powder 02 Medium
Mineral Baked Bronzer in Shade Golden Glow
Mac Sheer tone Shimmer Blush in Shade Plum Foolery
Gerard Cosmetics Star Powder in Shade Marilyn
Nude Eyeshadow Colour Palette
The Three Green Shades From My Modelsprefer Palette
BH Cosmetics Nude Rose Palette
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
Mac Chromeographic Pencil in Shade NC15
Mac Lipsick in Shade Diva
Urban Decay Setting Spray

Now, I'm not going to go into detail about how I apply my base makeup, you can find the general idea in this post here just substitute in the different product and viola.  However I will give a quick run down of how I created the eye look and so on.  So after finishing my face the general primer, foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush and highlighter I then went in and started my brows.  Now for my brows I use the matte light brown shade in my Nude Eye Shadow palette purely because I'm not confident with anything else yet.  So all I do with this is take a small amount on my small angled brush and lightly blend the colour into my brow filling in any sparse areas and just making my brows look more full, Then I tend to take my spooley brush and brush the hairs back into the position I want and lightly continue to blend the colour into the brows until I'm happy with how they look.  Next is the green on the eyes, honestly one wrong step is this look and it can quickly turn into a nightmare.  I find when using very bold colours blending and gradients are key.  That's why I have opted to use the three different shades of green.  

Firstly I took the middle shade of green and placed this lightly into my crease making sure to completely blend this to unsure there were no harsh lines. Once I was happy with the intensity of this colour I then took the yellow/green shade in a flat shadow brush and dabbed this colour onto the lid of my eye and only the lid, I did not want this to get into my crease.  When I was happy with how that looked I then took a little more of the first shade and once again just blended it into the crease.  Next I took the darkest of the three shades on a crease shading brush and placed this colour in the outer corner of my lid kind of creating a V shape, then with my blending brush I blended this colour into my crease darkening up the outer eye.   I then took the first shade I used on a flat shadow brush and gently placed this on my lower lash line along with a small highlighting shade in my inner corner.  Mascara was my next step and for this I used my Lash Sensational Mascara - One of my all time favourites.  I also decided to use my Chromeographic pencil in my water line which was a bit different for me but I wanted to see if it really would enlarge my eye (which it did).

So now for my first impressions, starting with my Smash Box primer.  Well, for a $58 Primer I can see why it's so expensive.  It works wonders and feels amazing!  When applying it all I could think was wow, this feel so nice! It honestly feels so silky, kind of like applying a cream that turns into a powder, or that's how it seems.  It completely hides my pores and smoothes my skin but is so light and it does not affect my skin at all! I'll definitely be using this on all my good occasions! 
As for my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, it was actually more creamy than I was expecting which I think is a good thing because you really don't need to use a lot to get great coverage and it's such a perfect colour match for highlighting my under eye area.  I'm genuinely inlove with this concealer and I really want to try the Nars Sheer Glow foundation with it.
Next is my Mac Blush in the Shade Plum Foolery.  It is so god damn gorgeous, I don't have much to compare this to as I haven't often used blushes and I've only ever had one until now but the plum colour of this shade works beautifully with my skin tone and gives a real healthy glow.  I love that it's a shimmer blush, I love shimmery things and this makes my life complete. Definitely a winner in my books.
My Gerard Cosmetics highlighter that my partner gave me is just everything, its so super perfect and I can't get over how beautiful the glow is. Top points for Julian!! Honestly this highlighter lasts so long and has such a pretty shine to it and the packaging is gorgeous!
I really didn't think I would like the chromeographic pencil as much as I do, I have always used a black pencil in my water line and to see this difference that the nude pencil made was amazing. It really did make my eyes pop and I think I definitely will be using it more often in the future!
As for my lipstick, I didn't expect to love it as much as I do, but since I first wore it I haven't wanted to take it off. Once again its such a gorgeous shade and suits perfectly with my skin tone and it even smells really nice.  I really want more Mac lipsticks now! 
And Last but definitely not least my Urban Decay Setting Spray, I don't want to use it.  It works so so well and there is only 30ml of it.  I don't want it to run out but I don't want to stop using it.  I'm so conflicted.  I wish I had bought two, that would have made life easier.  Truly though it controls my oil problems so well and my makeup honestly does not move whilst I'm wearing this spray.  Definitely a must in any girls collection!

Any way Guys, I think this post is long enough and its definitely past my bed time, so I'm going to love you and leave you and I'll talk to you all again Thursday (Maybe Friday).  If you guys have any questions or requests at all post them in the comments below. I'd love some feedback if any of you are enjoying my blog or have any ideas for some content?

Until Next Time
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment