Thursday 17 December 2015

The Body Shop Facial Routine and Review

 Evening Guys!
I have been wanting to post this blog for weeks and am super excited for you guys to read what I have to say about the incredibly products I picked up at The Body Shop!  A few weeks ago a friend of mine and I were talking about facial products and she swore by body shop so I knew I had to try it.  The following week I went to my nearest body shop and met the nicest lady who helped me find the products I needed, and showed me on the back of my hand how and in what order to use the products I had bought.  I don't exactly have bad skin, in fact I actually have fairly nice healthy skin but I have a few problem areas I really wanted to fix up and I honestly just wasn't looking after my skin; so I wanted to start a daily routine so my skin would stay healthier as we only have one chance to get it right, right?


So, these are the products I purchased with the help of the lovely lady, (from left to right) the Seaweed Clarifying Toner, The Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser, The Tea Tree Squeaky-Clean Scrub, The Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash, (Top) The Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask, The Seaweed Mattifying Lotion and The Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion. Now as most would know not all of these products are used in my everyday routine however the majority of them are.  In the mornings before I do anything with my face I will use the Cleanser to clean off any dead skin cells or dirt that may have been transferred to my face from my pillow, then I will follow that with the Facial wash using the little pad to really clean out my pores.  After washing my face like this I will then pat my face dry with my towel because at this stage I don't want to rub or hurt my face as it's quite sensitive.  The next step is using my Toner and I place this on a little cotton pad and just dab this over my face; I use this purely because I do have oily skin and unfortunately I work in a kitchen so it also gets really greasy. To finish off my morning routine I then use my Seaweed Moisturiser and before applying makeup I always make sure to use a primer. 



At night after I've finished my day I do almost the exact same routine however I start by using my Makeup remover for oily skin to remove my eye makeup then go in with my cleanser and after my moisturiser before I go to bed I will use my Blemish Fade Night Lotion to reduce my blemishes the next day! 


The two products above I use approximately once weekly, twice if I'm lucky and once fortnightly if I'm not so lucky.  I use these in conjunction with my nightly routine so after I cleanse my face I will use the Squeaky Clean Scrub to basically exfoliate the skin, then I will go in with the mask and leave that for ten or so minutes to draw out dirt and impurities from the pores while also helping to re-balance the skin and revitilise the complexion.  The only issue - if you could call it that - would be that the facial mask leaves the top of my cheeks really sensitive however as soon as I apply my moisturiser the slight pain reduces to nothing. 

Honestly these products, in the few months that I have been using them have made an extreme difference to my skin. As I said I never really cared for my skin, never really made time for it so basically all I would do is take off my makeup, no cleansing, no washing and no moisturising.  So to say my skin loves me now is definitely an understatement!  I can feel now when my skin is dirty which really tells me how dirty my skin must have been because when I wasn't using these products it just felt normal.  So I am so thankful to my friend for suggesting The Body Shop and I could not recommend their products and their service enough.  I definitely do recommend that you go in store so that you can talk to someone who knows what they are talking about and someone who can see for themselves what is best for your skin.  I definitely would never go back and intend to continue using these products until my skin tells me I need something else because right now they are working perfectly for me! 

Anyways guys, thank you so much once again for reading.  Sorry again for the late post however there is a reason for it this time and no it's not procrastination.  I won't be posting again until Late Friday possibly Saturday and that is because I am going away for two days to visit some friends and to watch the new Star Wars movie in Gold Class!! Yay! So stay tuned for my next update on more than likely Saturday; and that is why I have posted on a Wednesday (technically for me its very early Thursday morning) so that my posts weren't too far apart, yes smart me I know! 

Until Next Time
May the force be with you!
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment