Friday 27 January 2017

My 2017 Workout | Piit28, Blogilates & Swimming

How are you today my lovelies?
Just a heads up, I didn't realise this was going to be so long, but once I started I couldn't stop. Enjoy xx

I have spent January so far, sorting out my workout routine for 2017 and I wanted to share with you what I have been doing and what I plan to do in the coming months.  Now, before I start I know a lot of you are going to have opinions on what I should and should not be doing but I just want to say that I really do appreciate your input but this is just as much a mental and emotional journey as it is a physical one for me right now. So, although I appreciate any advice you give me, only I know what I can handle physically and emotionally.  So thank you in advance but this is my workout plan. 

For starters I want to talk about a book. A book? You ask.. Yes a book. For Christmas I received what I think to be one of the best books I have ever read, it is titled 
Eat well, train smart and be kind to your body.
By Kate Callaghan
This book has taught me so much and I have only scraped the surface of what it has to offer.  It touches on everything from how your hormones should work, to how to manage stress and how to be kind to your mind and body.  I highly recommend this book to every woman ever, and even some men.  It is fully tailored toward women and I keep finding little things inside the book that make me understand my body a little more and help me to minimize my stress levels cause god knows I stress myself out too much.  Because of this book I have changed up my workout from what I was doing last year.  Although toward the end of last year I wasn't really doing much at all. 

So to start off, although I love PIIT28 and wholeheartedly stand behind it and how effective it is, I haven't yet started this as a workout this year and I don't intend to for a few months yet.  As of right now I have decided to move back into doing Bogilates.  I am however still a PIIT28 Ambassador and would highly recommend it to anyone who is willing and ready to take on the challenge.  It's intense and gives results so if you are interested you can read my review here and buy the program here. Goodluck!

Now as I said I have decided to start with Blogilates which is basically the same workout moves as PIIT28 just not as intense. I like to do at least three different body part workouts a night so for example I would do (a form of) squats, crunches and cobra push ups to work my thighs, core and arms and that's just a minimum.  When I'm feeling pumped I usually do between five and seven different moves resulting in a 30 minute or more workout but I have some days where I'm fine with just doing three. I intend to continue doing these for at least two months and each week upping the intensity and quantity so that each week I am gradually getting stronger prepping me to get back into PIIT28. 


I also have been swimming lately which I am loving so much.  I have added this in as my Tuesday workout, I get up at 5.30m and am at the pool by 6am.  I actually go with my Boss which is part of the fun, I really have been loving the different feel I get when I go swimming and I know how beneficial it can be.  As of right now we do 16*50m laps which doesn't seem like much to some but considering we started at 6*50m laps I think we are doing well. I get such an elated feeling when I leave the pool, I feel so accomplished.  I am however still learning how to breathe properly when swimming, its a hard battle in my head to breathe at all when my mouth is so close to water. haha but I'm getting better. I want to keep swimming in my workout schedule for as long as I can, I really love it and it makes me so happy even if it's not doing heaps toward my weightloss, its helping my stress levels. 

I also like to let myself have a rest day at this stage in my workouts, I don't want to punish myself for feeling tired and/or exhausted so each week I allow myself at least one rest day but no more than two.  Each week I like to set myself little goals to reach by the end of the week. Those could range from doing an extra set of a move to spending ten minutes meditating.  Oh yes I have also started trying to meditate and do some much needed yoga.  You could say I have a well rounded list of things I do for exercise at the moment.  Along with exercise though, Julian and I have also started a meal plan which we have been following lately.  

If you would like to see a post about the meal plan and how we have organised our meals and our diet for that matter, let me know. As for now I think I have covered just about everything, if there is anything you would like to know leave it in the comments.  I would like to leave you with a question, if possible?  How many of you also watch YouTube?
I hope you are all doing well xx

Until Next Time 
BrittanieDe-Ann xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment